Legislative Council Wednesday 25 March, 2020
Ms FORREST question to LEADER of the GOVERNMENT in the LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL, Mrs HISCUTT
I ask the Honourable Leader;
With regard to the Government’s commitment to introduce legislation to amend the Electoral Act in the area of political donations;
1. What is the expected timeframe for the release of draft legislation;
2. Period of consultation; and
3. Introduction of a Bill to Parliament?
• As previously advised, there was a commitment made by the former Premier that the Tasmanian Government would review the Electoral Act.
• As the Member would be aware, last year the Government introduced Electoral Act amendments. These are now law.
• The Government received the Final Report prior to the end of 2019 and is now considering it.
• The next state election is not until 2022 and it is critical this be considered thoroughly.