Legislative Council Wednesday 27 November, 2019
Ms FORREST question to LEADER of the GOVERNMENT in the LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL, Mrs HISCUTT
In the case of an individual who requires a carer due to a disability which prevents them from flying, and needs to travel via the Spirit of Tasmania to access services on the mainland;
1) Why is the Tasmanian Companion Card Scheme not honoured by the TT-Line to enable such travel to be more affordable for those with disabilities?
1. TT-Line does provide discounts to the carers of individuals who have disabilities travelling on Spirit of Tasmania. The Company provides the same pensioner discount to the carer as to the individual travelling if they meet the following criteria:
• The person they care for must be a recipient and holder of an Australian pension card;
• The carer must travel on the same booking with the pensioner they care for;
• A carer is entitled to the pensioner fare providing they are not a professional carer; and
• A carer travelling with a TPI pensioner card holder is entitled to the discount.