Legislative Council Tuesday 15 October, 2019
Ms FORREST question to LEADER of the GOVERNMENT in the LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL, Mrs HISCUTT
Regarding access to bone scans for Tasmanians:
1. Where can patients currently access bone scans in Tasmania;
2. What are the current waiting times in each region;
3. How many patients are waiting for bone scans;
4. Have some Tasmanians been required to travel to Victoria for bone scans; and
4.1 If so, why couldn't the bone scan be undertaken in Tasmania; and
4.2 How many Tasmanians have accessed bone scans outside the State in the last twelve months?
1. Nuclear Medicine bone scans are available at the Royal Hobart Hospital, and at the Launceston General Hospital and North West Regional. Private services are also available through iMed in Lenah Valley and Launceston.
2. There are no waiting times in any region however non-urgent patients may wait a few days for an appointment.
3. There are currently no patients waiting for scans.
4. Given the level of service provided in Tasmania, there is no reason for people to travel to Victoria for bone scans, unless through personal choice.Go Back