Ms FORREST question to LEADER of the GOVERNMENT in the LEGISLATIVE COUNCIL, Dr GOODWIN
With regard to the $100 000 allocated in the 2015-16 state Budget for the west coast bus trial:
(1) What is the current status of the trial? If the trial has already commenced, when is it due to be completed?
(2) How will the success or otherwise of the trial be measured?
(3) Will the outcomes of the trial be made publicly available. If so, when?
Mr President, I thank the honourable member for Murchison for her question. The Government through the Department of State Growth has been working toward the best method to procure the trial service to ensure its success and provide for the transport needs of the community now and into the future. This also includes analysing the potential impacts on the existing services. With respect to the honourable member for Murchison's question, I advise the following:
(1) The trial has not yet commenced. A request for proposal is currently being prepared by the Department of State Growth and is expected to be released to market next month. Once a provider is appointed, the trial will commence and is likely to run for a period of 12 months.
(2) The success of the trial will be measured by examining the costs and patronage outcomes of the service relative to comparable services particularly in the north-west regions.
(3) Yes, as soon as possible after the trial's expected completion date.Go Back